Thursday, October 7, 2010

Peter Pan/Toys R Us Moment


Is it so completely insane that I love my 'retail'/no-brainer/front desk job and totally hate my big-girl job? I guess it's not too insane. But why can't I just keep the front desk job forever? Why must I grow up?

Benefits...
Insurance...
Respectable profession to report at reunions...

Arbitrary, really. How long can I keep this job and it still be ok? i.e. "Oh, but you just graduated! Lots of people don't have real jobs now!"

"Oh, you're 65 and still work the front desk at a health club? That's ok! We all need some time to get adjusted! Now off to my flying car!"

Reassure me. Now!

1 comment:

  1. All that means is that you haven't found what you really want to do yet. If you really wanted your front desk job, you would've kept it. And if you really want your big-girl job you'd like it. So keep it until you find something better that you actually WANT.

    ReplyDelete