Tuesday, November 30, 2010

16 and BRILLIANT!


Lately I have been watching a lot of "Sixteen and Pregnant". Genius show. No sarcasm there. I have always been a big proponent of MTV's 'docu' series: "True Life", "Made" (I "Made" my own "Made" once.), "Fat Camp", the triumphant "Return to Fat Camp", etc. On today's 9:30 am episode, a 16 and pregnant Arizona charmer (Aubrey, above) and her husband, while escaping poverty by living with the girl's Mee-Maw, blew the husband's paycheck on a gold scanner.

Like a metal detector, but equipped only to alert the user when GOLD is near. I think this was a really good way for them to spend their money. Think of the practicality. One ounce of gold will make them a thousand dollars or so, therefore, the gold scanner will pay for itself! A hundred fold!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving and the holidays coming up, I'm thankful for MTV's docuseries. Without them, I might have a moment to take a step back and examine my own life with a critical microscope. And nobody should need to do that. Not until they're pregnant, at least.

1 comment:

  1. You're 23 and brilliant. The last paragraph is all that could possibly be said about the show.

    ReplyDelete