Sunday, August 15, 2010

Why I Hate the Top 40

Following the same principles of my previous blog post "Why I Love the Top 40" I heard a song that makes me want to puke, and realized I've heard it (along with "California Gurls" and "I Like It" 54292712 times in the past two hours. Here is a non-exhaustive list of Why I Hate the Top 40

1. "Love the Way You Lie" Eminem ft. Rihanna

Some have called this song and video "controversial" (I am loosely quoting DJs from KissFM- go figure), in that it deals with domestic abuse in a realistic way. Man beats up on lady, lady goes back, doodadeeda. If perhaps Rihanna wasn't whining in such a way that makes my skin crawl, or she didn't curl her lip in the video, maybe I could stomach it.

2. "Find Your Lovin'" Drake

Aubrey Graham, how could you? You were better off in the wheelchair as Jimmy on Degrassi. The song is boring and repetitive and I DON'T LIKE IT. Bring back Jimmy!

More to come, when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment